Frequently Asked Questions
IS THERE ONLY ONE LOOK THAT I CAN HAVE?
No. During the consultation your technician will decide which look is best depending on your eye shape/size and amount of natural lashes you have.
CAN I APPLY MASCARA?
One of the many advantages to your eyelash extensions is that you will not need to wear mascara – the extensions alone achieve the same, if not far superior, result. However, for those who wish to continue wearing mascara, DO NOT use oil-based or waterproof mascara. These will dissolve the bonding agent, causing your lashes to fall off. Use only water-based mascara.
CAN THE EYELASH EXTENSIONS BE REMOVED? Yes. Eyelash extensions may be removed, however this should only ever be attempted by your technician. Lash extensions are removed using a special glue remover. We at KAILASH suggest that under no circumstances should you attempt to ‘pull out’ the extensions, as this will simply result in loosing natural lashes to which they’ve been attached.
WHAT ARE IN-FILLS?
Infills are required every two to four weeks to replenish the lashes that have completed their life cycle and fallen out – along with the lash extension attached to it. We lose an average of four lashes a day as our lashes are constantly shedding and being replaced.
WHAT IF THE LASHES ARE NOT LASTING LIKE THE USUALLY DO?
- Oily skin and using skincare products containing oil – lash adhesive doesn’t agree with oil! Please use our recommended products to be sure this is not the cause.
- Lack of cleansing – the eye area is naturally quite oily. Not washing the area means there will be a build up of oils secreted by the skin, and this will not only weaken your lash growth but make the extensions fall off very quickly.
- Not rinsing off your make up remover – many clients choose to use an eye makeup remover using a pad or a makeup remover wipe. These products contain emollients to avoid drying out your delicate eye area. This film must be washed off afterwards with a foaming cleanser or it will have a similar effect to using an oil product on the eyes.
- Excessive touching – playing with the lashes is fun but your fingertips contain oil (just look at the screen on your phone or keyboard on your computer) and you are applying oil every time you touch the them. Please leave them alone other than during your daily washing ritual!
- Lifestyle factors – extensions never last as well on people who regularly sweat it out at the gym, go swimming, do hot yoga etc. You must be prepared to get infills more often than others.
- Heavy makeup – extensions also never lash as well on people who wear a lot of makeup (especially eye makeup) daily compared to someone who wears little or no makeup. More makeup means more products and more effort to remove everything.
- Lash cycle – many factors including hormones, season and diet can affect the speed of your lash cycle. It is quite normal that sometimes your lashes naturally shed quicker than other times.
- Lash design – the extensions selected may be too long and/or too thick for your natural lashes, causing them to twist or fall off prematurely. The design chosen may also not be well supported by how your lashes grow naturally eg. a cat eye styling when the natural lashes on the outer corners are very short and fine. This can be discussed with your stylist at your next appointment.
Please keep in mind it is completely normal and healthy to lose around 3 lashes per day whether you have extensions or not.
IM WORRIED I MAY HAVE A REACTION.
The fact that the eyelash extensions are applied to the eyelashes not the skin makes reactions extremely rare. I you are concerned about having an allergic reation, its a great idea to start off with a patch test. In a 30 minute appointment we do a small run through of what you would expect from an application with us. We apply the eyepads and 10 extensions to each eye using the glue we use at the salon.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
A new set of eyelash extensions can take anywhere between 1- 2+ hours. Infills are between 1hr-1.5hrs.
DO LASH EXTENSIONS HARM MY LASHES?
No. @ KAILASH we apply each lash on to your existing natural lashes away from the base, never touching the skin, the growth cycle of the natural lash is not affected. We are fully trained and know how to apply the extensions and not affect or damage your natural lashes. The lashes will shed naturally at the end of it’s cycle. Long term wearers can sometimes get minimum damage to the lashes, if this happens, you will be advised to use a serum. No you do not need to have a break from lashes.
WHEN SHOULD I AVOID EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
If you suffer from extremely itchy eyes due to hay fever and allergies that cause you to rub your eyes this may cause the extensions to prematurely come off.
If you suffer from severe allergic reactions to skin care products and makeup or find it difficult to wear products that don’t make your skin react.
If you have an addiction to eye rubbing or pulling (although some clients have found that their desire to do this is reduced after having eyelash extensions applied)
If you’ve had your eyelashes permed you should wait three months.
If you’ve had your eyelashes tinted you should wait 48 hours.
If you recently underwent eye surgery, have an eye infection or constantly rub your eyes, it’s not recommended that you get eyelash extensions.
DOES IT HURT TO HAVE EYELASH EXTENSIONS APPLIED?
No, it is a relaxing, pleasant experience. It is performed while you are lying down with your eyes closed. Some clients even fall asleep. Some wear headphones. The extension lash never touches the skin, or interferes with the growth of the natural lash.
I’M GETTING MARRIED, WHEN SHOULD I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
We suggest every “bride to be” to come for a trial set first at least 2 months before your wedding, then come again for the complete set a couple of days before your wedding. The reason for the trial set is that you should take this as an “allergy test” because even with the most safe practices some people who have very sensitive eyes or allergy problems may react to the adhesive. Although extremely rare, the common symptom is red, puffiness and itchy over the eyelid within 24 – 48hrs.
I WAS NOT SATISFIED GETTING EYELASH EXTENSIONS DONE SOMEWHERE ELSE, CAN KAILASH FIX THESE? YES @ KAILASH we avoid mixing our work with other peoples work so it is advised that you either allow your extensions to naturally come off or contact us to discuss the options of having the extensions removed before your appointment to have a new set applied. If your eyes are red and sore from the incorrectly applied eyelash extensions that were applied elsewhere, we would advise resting your eyes from extensions for approximately 3 – 4 weeks before having a professional set reapplied @ KAILASH.
TREATMENT ISSUE POLICY
If for any reason you experience any issue or proplem with your Kailash Extensions we are happy to give you a complimentary follow up consultation, and then attempt to remedy the issue (which may or may not be a complimentary service, depending on the nature of the situation) however you must contact us within 5 working days of your appointment. We are very happy to help you, but please request our assistance within a resonable time frame.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT?
A failure to give us 24 hours notice of a cancellation or reschedule will result in a $20 cancellation fee added to your next appointment.
WHAT TO DO TO PREPARE FOR YOUR EYELASH APPOINTMENT.
Please arrive with no eye-make up if possible. Avoid coffee prior to your appointment as this can sometimes cause the eyes to flutter. Bring headphones/ipod, due to the nature of the work talk does need to be mimimum. It is not advised to go to the gym or swim for 24 hours after your appointment.